We are looking for Licensed Architects to join our team! The licensed Architect will be responsible for Architecture related to Semiconductor, Cleanrooms and Advanced Laboratories. This position requires leadership, project management, organizational skills, attention to detail and collaborative project processes. Ideal candidates will thrive in dynamic and collaborative work environments that promotes excellence, and we are committed to investing in our staff’s long-term success!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists with providing various pre-design services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the design must meet.
- Consults and assists on the Architectural portion of complex cleanroom, science and technology projects.
- Analyzes program information and assists the Design team in developing efficient architectural design concepts that are integrated with the engineering systems.
- Creates construction project documents for all phases of design in Revit.
- Assists in coordinating workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule. Reviews architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
- Writes/ edits architectural specifications.
- Prepares drawings, showing internal and external layouts of the cleanroom/labs/facilities.
- Interprets building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances to facilitate design.
- Researches materials and products used in the design of cleanrooms/labs/facilities.
- Evaluates and selects building material and systems which are consistent with the project design goals.
- Uses technical skills to resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Budget review and cost estimating
- Construction Administration including RFI and Submittal responses
- Troubleshooting/Consulting/Site Visits
- Interiors and Lab design experience.
- Experience with coordination of equipment, utilities and MEP in MEP intensive projects.
- Revit and AutoCAD Design experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, including Excel.
- Written and oral communication (English language) skills including specification writing, field reports, general and keynotes, submittal reviews, and email.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Available to participate in job site visits to collect information or deliver designs and attend meetings and site walks.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Cleanroom, Research or Hospital architectural experience a plus)
- Architectural registration preferred, or should be in the process of pursuing professional registration/license in Architecture.
- Experience with modular wall systems.
- Structural expertise with raised flooring, vibration abatement platforms, suspended Air handling systems, high bay construction. EMI shielded room experience.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes for the microelectronics industry.
- Cleanroom design experience.
- Familiarity with Codes and insurance requirements for use and storage of hazardous process materials.
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Some travel may be required
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.