We are looking for Structural Engineers to join our A&E Team. This person will design and analyze structural components for projects of varying scales and complexities; produce drawings and specifications that meet project goals within semiconductor, biopharmaceutical and various high-tech industries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the initial planning phases (programming, conceptual, schematic design) to provide structural solution options for consideration by the design team and Owner, including foundation and above grade framing.
- Be intimately familiar with all the typical phases of the design process and have a reasonable understanding and experience with various project delivery methods.
- Typical analyses carried out shall include evaluations and recommendations on applicable live and dead loads as well as vertical and lateral loading conditions.
- Shall have a strong working knowledge of applicable building codes and current standards that affect the structural design.
- Responsible for and required to review existing structural designs and related drawings to provide recommendations on applicable and “right-sized” structural solutions for renovation, expansion, and retrofit projects.
- Utilizes current design and modeling methodologies to analyze materials and connections taking strength, durability, practicality, and cost-benefits considerations into account.
- The ideal candidate should also be an effective communicator for their proposed design solution and various options through oral, written, and visual means.
- Shall be able to coordinate and discuss construction administration phase issues communicated through RFI’s and submittals.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5-15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience 10-20 years of relevant work experience
- Licensed in one or more jurisdictions is preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering