Primary Location: Remote/AZ
AMTS AE is a licensed Engineering and Architecture, Business Unit of AM Technical Solutions. At AMTS AE, we focus on providing design and consulting services to advanced technology, government, university, and industrial clients, specializing in research, pilot lines, manufacturing, cleanrooms, and advanced laboratories. We also provide start-up consulting, process improvements, industrial engineering, and high-tech operations support.
We are looking for Structural Engineer to join our team. This person will Design and analyze structural components for projects of varying scales and complexities and produces drawings and specifications that meet project goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participates in the initial planning phases (programming, conceptual, schematic design) to provide structural solution options for consideration by the design team and Owner, including foundation and above grade framing.
- Be intimately familiar with all the typical phases of the design process and have a reasonable understanding and experience with various project delivery methods.
- Typical analyses carried out shall include evaluations and recommendations on applicable live and dead loads as well as vertical and lateral loading conditions.
- Shall have a strong working knowledge of applicable building codes and current standards that affect the structural design.
- Responsible for and required to review existing structural designs and related drawings to provide recommendations on applicable and “right-sized” structural solutions for renovation, expansion, and retrofit projects.
- Utilizes current design and modeling methodologies to analyze materials and connections taking strength, durability, practicality, and cost-benefits considerations into account.
- The ideal candidate should also be an effective communicator for their proposed design solution and various options through oral, written, and visual means.
- Shall be able to coordinate and discuss construction administration phase issues communicated through RFI’s and submittals.
- Experience 5-15 years
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering, plus a minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- May be Licensed
- Experience 10-20 years
- Degreed Bachelor (Civil or Structural) / Licensed in one or more jurisdictions in good standing