We are looking for a proven Capital Project Manager to join our Life Sciences team in support of a pharmaceutical client in the Boston, MA area. This individual will plan and manage the efforts of interdepartmental teams in the accomplishment of projects supporting manufacturing and facility operations. The Capital Project Manager will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the project scope by managing a team of internal and external resources; tracking project performance against established targets (cost and schedule); monitoring, controlling, and reporting on project status including risks and issues; and ensuring the successful return of the facility, equipment and/or system(s) to routine operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project implementation – Oversee all design, procurement, development, installation, and testing of all systems and equipment as specified and in accordance with all project requirements.
- Oversee the preparation and hand-over to end users to enable successful operation of newly installed or modified systems and equipment.
- Project planning – Work with functional area representatives to develop plans to successfully implement project scope while optimizing resource investment and risk tolerance.
- Develop cost and manpower estimates as well as implementation timelines.
- Project initiation – Work with project sponsors and solution providers to identify business drivers, project objectives, and project requirements.
- Must be able to consult and coordinate effectively with internal teams including Validation, Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, and Senior Management.
- Must be able to consult and coordinate effectively with external contacts including A&E firms, construction, procurement vendors, CQV contractors, and other regulatory agencies.
- Must be able to serve as a consultant, coordinator, and advisor.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5+ years of project management experience in engineering, construction, or owner organization and a minimum of 10+ years related experience in biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, or high technology facility design and construction.
- Strong knowledge of biotech processing manufacturing, facility design, process, and control systems is required.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies and life cycle including ISPE good practice is required.
- Strong understanding of industrial and cGMP requirements, Engineering Life Cycle, and associated quality systems.
- Experience facilitating meetings and establishing safe practices in a cGMP environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or other related Engineering or relevant field.