The Electrical Engineer will develop designs for building and equipment power
distribution systems, lighting, and controls, focusing on cleanrooms and advanced
- Design and Engineering work may include the following:
- Cleanroom and Laboratory Electrical Power sizing and distribution
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Electromagnetic Interference analysis, modeling and abatement
- Tel/Data systems
- Using software such as SKM, Revit, Visual Lighting Studio, and others
- Feasibility Studies
- Basis of Design and Schematics
- Prepare or modify drawings/BIM models in conjunction with CAD/REVIT team at all stages of design
- Research, create and update relevant product and system specifications, to meet technical needs of the client.
- Monitor and coordinate interdisciplinary work for compliance to applicable electrical codes, accepted engineering practices and AGI standards. Apply NEC, IBC and NFPA Electrical requirements to lab designs.
- Budget review and cost estimating
- Construction Administration including RFI and Submittal responses
- Troubleshooting/Consulting/Site Visits
- 4 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- Experience includes Interiors and/or Lab design.
- Experience using Electrical Analysis and Design Software to complete assigned work: Examples: SKM, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, Visual Lighting Studio or equivalent lighting design software.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, including Excel
- Written and oral communication (English language) skills including specification writing, field reports, general and keynotes, submittal reviews, and email.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative
- Knowledge of Short Circuit Analysis, Fault Current Analysis. Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association/National Electrical Code (NFPA/NEC) Standards, and IEEE/IES/API Standards.
- Available to participate on job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Licensed Professional Engineer, or EIT with goal of Professional Engineering license
- Knowledge and experience in California Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, permit requirements, and calculations.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects, including Architecture, Structure, Mechanical, Plumbing, Life Safety,
- Experience in designing Cleanrooms and labs Ability to Travel up to 30% of the time domestically and/or internationally.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes for the microelectronics industry
- Arc Flash Study experience
- Knowledge of specialty systems such as Emergency power, LED Lighting, Fan Filter Unit controls
- Experience with EMI abatement
- Other software knowledge, examples: Revit Design Master, ETAP, EasyPower.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other engineering or scientific discipline is a plus
About Abbie Gregg, Inc., an AM Company
Headquartered in Tempe, AZ, Abbie Gregg, Inc., an AM Company was founded in 1985 by Abbie Gregg. AGI-AM specializes in integrating facilities, processes and tools with cleanroom layout and design. AGI-AM has gained global industry recognition for the depth of excellence their services provide and completed over 870 projects on 5 continents. For more information, please visit www.abbiegregg.com.