This role will support one of our Life Science clients. Experience with engineering and/or Life Science companies is preferred. This Junior Capital Sourcing manager will primarily execute strategic sourcing, tendering, negotiations and contracting within small and medium green or brown field CAPEX projects (multiple in parallel, CAPEX project sizes/spend of 0.5 up to 10 Mio CHF) with the aim of optimizing value-for-money, lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), on time/schedule, quality and in-cost project purchases to support the goal for growth investments.
The position shall ensure appropriate support to local Project management in implementation and execution of CAPEX strategies and processes, identify and deliver value through applying a professional strategic sourcing approach, and shall be instrumental in alignment of projects and group-wide knowledge sharing, including implementing unified processes and policies with the capital projects. The position drives expertise through an understanding of regional/local supply markets/trends, cost drivers and the impact to the business model/capital projects.
The role oversees project based EPCMV contractors staring from feasibility and design studies through project execution, commissioning and finalization.
During project execution, the role will supervise /manage external EPCM contractor’s procurement resources.
This person is expected to act as the commercial partner working in close corporation and coordination together with the Global Engineering team, the local project team and any other relevant internal or external stakeholder, ensuring a common approach to suppliers.
- Manage the relevant service and equipment supply process and ensure the necessary compliance and transparency within the project
- Develop and maintain market understanding and working knowledge of supply economics, processes and cost drivers for the relevant project(s), including staying abreast of new technologies.
- Ensure project sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned both within Global Strategic Sourcing, Global Engineering and the stakeholders.
- Leads supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and supplier management strategies.
- Drive awareness of active supply issues within the project, clarifying business impact and lead resolution plans.
- Review Supplier Change Notices and work closely with Project Management to prioritize and drive implementations.
- Work closely with Project Management to monitor supplier performance metrics and actively participate in development, execution and closure plans – drive supplier accountability.
- Review supplier expediting schedules, conduct pre audit meeting with supplier, participate in post supplier audit meetings; attend supplier audits when feasible.
- Deeply assess supply base to identify risks of supply disruptions within the projects.
- Develop project risk management strategies and drive development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Work closely with Project Management and business stakeholders to understand business impact and implement alternate sources of supply where appropriate
- Plan, lead and execute negotiations of commercial terms and contracting for supply agreements.
- Identify required stakeholders and establish a negotiation team, including members of the legal team.
- Key components of the negotiation strategy to include stakeholder input, negotiation objectives, company interests, supplier interests, company leverage points, supplier leverage points and a pre-programmed execution plan, which includes defined roles and responsibilities of the negotiation team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A higher commercial background equivalent to a Bachelor (BS/BA) or equivalent and a good, thorough technical understanding and knowledge in preferred areas of study: Purchasing, Engineering or Business
- 3 or more years of work experience in related industry with 1-2 years in Procurement/Strategic Sourcing.
- Experience in a regulated industry (i.e. pharmaceutical, food) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in sourcing strategies
- Ability to work cross functionally in project work and project management
- Business and financial acumen and Procurement/Sourcing knowledge/experience for CAPEX sourcing
- Skills in all procurement processes including commodity management, supplier management, negotiations, contract management and e-procurement systems.
- Research, analysis, summary recommendation skills.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with commercial contracts and agreements
- Ability to build business relationships both internal and external and to work in multifunctional teams