This role will support one of our Life Science clients. Experience with engineering and/or Life Science companies is preferred. The Lead Buyer CAPEX manages the procurement activities for assigned investment projects and coordinates their planning and execution at the assigned site and, if required, at other company sites.
- Development of purchasing strategy and coordination of procurement activities for assigned investment projects. Strategic responsibility for a procurement volume of CHF 40-60 million
- Procurement of supplies (systems, sub-systems, equipment and spare parts) and services (consulting, engineering and planning) for the assigned specialist areas or investment projects.
- Strategic and operational procurement tasks, including:
- Definition and implementation of the procurement strategy as well as targets / department or supplier, taking into account the market situation and classification of products
- Bundling of procurement measures within the plant and in conjunction with other company sites
- Preparation, conclusion and maintenance of framework agreements
- Development of action plans, relationship management with suppliers, evaluation of new suppliers and management of strategic key account (supplier) activities
- Optimization of LifeCycleCost (LCC) and reduction of material, transport, ancillary and follow-up cost
- Coordination, lead or participation in projects to further the development and improve the efficiency of technical purchasing as well as to achieve common targets.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical training (ETH or FH) or similar training
- Preferred area of study: Process engineering, chemical engineering and plant engineering
- At least 7 years of experience in plant construction as well as in the areas of purchasing, sales, contract management and project management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Project and procurement management
- Team player with ability to work efficiently in matrix organizations and interdisciplinary teams
- PC skills, MS Office, SAP
- Excellent business mindset, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and resilience
- Fluent in English and German