Working closely with the AGI-AM Team and our clients, the licensed Architect will be responsible for Architecture related to Cleanrooms and Advanced Laboratories. This position requires leadership, project management, organizational skills, attention to detail and collaborative project processes. AGI- AM is a dynamic and collaborative work environment that promotes excellence, and we are committed to investing in our staff’s long-term success.
- Assists with providing various pre-design services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, or specifying the requirements the design must meet.
- Consults and assists on the Architectural portion of complex cleanroom, science and technology projects.
- Analyzes program information and assists the Design team in developing efficient architectural design concepts that are integrated with the engineering systems.
- Creates construction project documents for all phases of design in Revit.
- Assists in coordinating workload through design development and construction document phases to complete documents on schedule. Reviews architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines.
- Writes/ edits architectural specifications.
- Prepares drawings, showing internal and external layouts of the cleanroom/labs/facilities.
- Interprets building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances to facilitate design.
- Researches materials and products used in the design of cleanrooms/labs/facilities.
- Evaluates and selects building material and systems which are consistent with the project design goals.
- Uses technical skills to resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Budget review and cost estimating
- Construction Administration including RFI and Submittal responses
- Troubleshooting/Consulting/Site Visits
- Architectural registration preferred, OR should be in the process of pursuing professional registration/license in Architecture
- 4 to 7 years of Cleanroom, Research or Hospital architectural experience.
- Experience includes Interiors and Lab design.
- Experience with coordination of equipment, utilities and MEP in MEP intensive projects.
- Design proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, including Excel.
- Written and oral communication (English language) skills including specification writing, field reports, general and keynotes, submittal reviews, and email.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Available to participate in job site visits to collect information or deliver designs and attend meetings and site walks
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Experience with modular wall systems.
- Structural expertise with raised flooring, vibration abatement platforms, suspended Air handling systems, high bay construction. EMI shielded room experience.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes for the microelectronics industry.
- Cleanroom design experience.
- Tool Install design experience.
- Familiarity with Codes and insurance requirements for use and storage of hazardous process materials.
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Ability to Travel up to 30% of the time domestically and/or internationally.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- REVIT experience required
About Abbie Gregg, Inc., an AM Company
Headquartered in Tempe, AZ, Abbie Gregg, Inc., an AM Company was founded in 1985 by Abbie Gregg. AGI-AM specializes in integrating facilities, processes and tools with cleanroom layout and design. AGI-AM has gained global industry recognition for the depth of excellence their services provide and completed over 870 projects on 5 continents. For more information, please visit www.abbiegregg.com.