Our team is looking for individuals who can excel as an owner advocate Project Managers for Life Science Projects. They must have knowledge of the full Project Life Cycle with an emphasis on end-user functionality and sustainability.
Have the ability to lead multi-functional teams to create and implement transformation projects, from large capital projects to small renovation projects. Projects that can range from full greenfield, and brownfield facility buildouts to renovations, and processes improvements.
Has a solid understanding of facility and manufacturing operations and how those should influence early project lifecycle programs (Design, Construction, Startup, Commissioning and Qualification) to deliver effective and successful projects by driving schedule, cost, quality and functionality.
Project management experience is a requirement that includes project planning, critical chain/path analysis, and resource loading. Of particular interest is the experience in Critical Chain, or Last Planner method project planning.
Primary responsibilities will include the ability to help clients navigate project chartering, project plan development, support design, construction, startup, commissioning and qualification, establishment of roles and responsibilities, resource and risk management.
- BS degree/equivalent plus 10+ years’ experience in life sciences, engineering, construction or facility/manufacturing operations
- Experience in project management and Demonstrated experience with lean methodologies, PMP or PMI-ACP certification highly desirable
- Work well in a team environment, exhibit strong team leadership, provide motivation, inspiration, and vision to the teams and can facilitate high performing teams and decision-making based on what’s best for the client
- Demonstrated capacity to structure, document and constantly follow-through in a high-pace innovative environment
- Direct and oversee completion of the project
- Manage all aspects of projects, including design, procurement, construction, startup, commissioning and qualification.
- Experience with procurement of subcontractors and vendors
- Experience with managing subcontractor and vendors throughout the project to ensure deliverables and milestones are met
- Ability to understand the details, problem solve, and come up with creative solutions
- Experience with Coordination of multiple trades and create schedule logic
- Manage project costs, including change control, cost reports, budgets, forecasts, and requisitions
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members, clients, design partners, and subcontractors
Establish and maintain trusting and professional relationships with Owners.