We are looking for motivated Mechanical Engineers with HVAC and Piping design skills. This position requires leadership, attention to detail and collaborative project engineering skills. You will develop designs for HVAC, controls, and piping, focusing on cleanrooms and labs. Design and Engineering work may include the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Cleanroom and Advanced Laboratory Mechanical Design from Programming through Construction Administration
- Engineering calculations to ensure clean class, temperature, humidity and acoustical noise requirements are met.
- Cleanroom HVAC Design and Design Review
- Characterization, Imaging, Additive Manufacturing and Biosafety Lab HVAC Design
- Ultra-High purity piping design for HPM Labs and Cleanrooms
- Process systems, piping and plumbing design for Cleanrooms and Labs.
- Develop construction specifications and designs for HVAC equipment, Process systems such as clean dry air, process vacuum, DI water, Cooling Water systems, Acid Waste Neutralization, Exhaust systems, cooling towers.
- Building Automation Systems Controls and Instrumentation designs in conjunction with Electrical and Process Engineers.
- Acoustical Noise Interference analysis, modeling and abatement
- Using engineering software such as Pipeflow and CFD modeling
- Feasibility Studies
- Basis of Design and Schematics
- Prepare or modify drawings/BIM models in conjunction with CAD/REVIT team at all stages of design
- Research, create and update relevant product and system specifications, to meet technical needs of the client.
- Monitor and coordinate interdisciplinary work for compliance to applicable mechanical codes, accepted engineering practices and standards. Apply IBC, NFPA, ASTM, and SMACNA requirements to mechanical designs.
- Budget review and cost estimating
- Construction Administration including RFI and Submittal responses
- Troubleshooting/Consulting/Site Visits
- 4 years of Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Experience includes Interiors and/or Lab design.
- Experience using Mechanical Analysis and Design Software to complete assigned work.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, including Excel
- Written and oral communication (English language) skills including specification writing, field reports, general and keynotes, submittal reviews, and email.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards and IBC Mechanical Codes and Standards.
- Available to participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Licensed Professional Engineer, or EIT with goal of Professional Engineering license
- Knowledge and experience in California Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, and permit requirements
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects, including Architecture, Structure, Mechanical, Plumbing, Life Safety,
- Experience in designing Cleanrooms and labs
- Ability to Travel up to 30% of the time domestically and/or internationally.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience.
- Knowledge of ISO 14644 cleanroom standards.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes for the microelectronics industry
- Experience with Vibration / Acoustical Noise / EMI abatement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering or scientific discipline is a plus.