The Mechanical Superintendent will be responsible for mechanical systems supporting cleanroom manufacturing in a high-tech manufacturing facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Industrial chilled and hot water systems, process cooling water, exhaust systems, and compressed air systems, including boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, rooftop units, air compressors, fans, and motors.
- Development of individual mechanical system-specific commissioning and start-up procedures in line with design intent, construction-specific drawings, submittals, specifications, sequence of operations, and process & system integration
- Coordinates the LO/TO of equipment during startup and ensures work is performed in a safe manner consistent with work practices and quality standards
- Mechanical System walk-downs, installation verification to requirements of all drawings, P&ID’s, specifications, submittals, specific system and legislative prerequisites with any deficiencies, errors, or corrective actions required being notified to the construction team via fieldwork reporting and punch list generation.
- Preparation and field execution of start-up checks, including responsibility for verifying that the start-up documents have been fully executed and signed off.
- Review of contractor testing procedures, reports, and testing activities for all project disciplines to all code and regulative testing and verification requirements
- Field execution of functional acceptance testing (FAT), verification of the operation, and integration of all individual mechanical system components as part of a fully functional controlled system as per design intent.
- Review design drawings and specifications to ensure all equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owner’s project requirements.
- The successful candidate will have time served mechanical trades experience or a degree in Mechanical Engineering/Facilities Engineering.
- An ability to work proactively as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office and SCADA applications