We are looking for a motivated and construction orientated Project Superintendent to join our Life Sciences team in support of a pharmaceutical client in the Delaware area. This individual will assist in the supervision and execution of a multi-million-dollar capital project. The ideal candidate should have that strong leadership and organizational abilities with the ability to read drawings and understand how to build things in a logical sequential order. This project would involve oversight of Warehouse, Labs and MFG space build.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee operations of construction site from planning phase to completion.
- Assist in interpretation of proposals/specifications and drawings for field crews and craft supervision.
- Support varied duties and responsibilities including scheduling, budgeting, communicating, and negotiating with external partners, and acquiring materials and equipment.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free workplace through own actions.
- Participate in job-site safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training.
- Supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
- Prepare work plans and work packages.
- Assist in scheduling equipment and materials when necessary.
- Maintain organized and detailed project records.
- Attend project meetings as directed by the client and management.
- Demonstrate understanding of construction methods, procedures, and administrative processes as well as exhibit excellent documentation and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all members of the project (both internal and external).
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- This opportunity will require someone who can support activities onsite and lives locally to the area.
- Must have 3+ years of relevant construction management experience on capital construction projects.
- Experience with cGMP or pharmaceutical facilities is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills with ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Must be able to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide range of environments and oblige personal protection and safety regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.