We are looking for energetic and driven Electrical Engineers. This position requires leadership, attention to detail and collaborative project engineering skills. You will develop designs for building and equipment power distribution systems, lighting, and controls, focusing on cleanrooms and advanced laboratories.
Roles and Responsibilities
Design and Engineering work may include the following:
- Campus or Site power sizing and distribution
- Cleanroom and Laboratory Electrical Power sizing and distribution
- Lighting and Controls
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) analysis, modeling, and abatement
- Tel/Data systems
- Using software such as SKM, Revit, Visual Lighting Studio, and others
- Feasibility Studies
- Basis of Design and Schematics
- Prepare or modify drawings/BIM models in conjunction with CAD/REVIT team at all stages of design
- Research, create and update relevant product and system specifications, to meet technical needs of the client.
- Monitor and coordinate interdisciplinary work for compliance to applicable electrical codes, accepted engineering practices and standards. Apply NEC, IBC and NFPA Electrical requirements to lab designs.
- Budget review and cost estimating
- Construction Administration including RFI and Submittal responses
- Troubleshooting/Consulting/Site Visits
- User or Technical group discussions to evaluate overall and specific power needs.
- 4 years of Electrical Engineering experience.
- Experience includes Interiors and/or Lab design.
- Experience using Electrical Analysis and Design Software to complete assigned work: Examples: SKM, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, Visual Lighting Studio or equivalent lighting design software.
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency, including Excel
- Written and oral communication (English language) skills including specification writing, field reports, general and keynotes, submittal reviews, and email.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Short Circuit Analysis, Fault Current Analysis. Knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association/National Electrical Code (NFPA/NEC) Standards, and IEEE/IES/API Standards.
- Available to participate on job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Licensed Professional Engineer, or EIT with goal of Professional Engineering license
- Knowledge and experience in California Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, permit requirements, and calculations.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects, including Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Process, Life Safety.
- Experience in designing Cleanrooms and labs
- Experience with all phases of design Master Planning, Feasibility, Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration
- Ability to Travel up to 30% of the time domestically and/or internationally.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes for the microelectronics industry or other high-tech sectors (e.g. Biotech, Life Science, Pharma, Photovoltaics, Data Center)
- Arc Flash Study experience
- Knowledge of specialty systems such as Emergency and UPS power, LED Lighting, Fan Filter Unit controls
- Experience with EMI abatement such as Active Compensation Systems (ACS) or Shielding
- Other software knowledge, examples: Revit Design Master, ETAP, EasyPower.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or other engineering or scientific discipline is a plus.