We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Engineering Discipline Managers. This position requires detailed understanding of the design process for high tech facilities, leadership, mentoring, client facing and collaboration across multiple cross functional teams. AMTS is a dynamic and collaborative work environment that promotes excellence, and we are committed to investing in our staff’s long-term success.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Engineering Discipline Manager will need to be a technical leader in their discipline, have an in-depth understanding of high-tech facilities and the challenges associated with the facility design, be a mentor to staff, be able to engage with the client, solve complex design issues, provide and support innovative solutions, stand out as an industry leader in your field and be a team player. Discipline manager responsibilities will include the following:
- Technical leadership in discipline
- Project resourcing and recruiting; Care and Coaching of staff
- Business development for discipline and company
- Maintaining necessary professional licenses of staff
- Staff Training and Staff Utilization
- Business strategy for the discipline
- Project delivery
- Client engagement to resolve design challenges
- Support business development for the discipline
- Understand and utilize software tools for design, BIM and modeling
- Develop departmental standards of excellence
- Develop and maintain technical database
- Understand current building codes and the impacts to design
- Develop staffing requirements for projects
- Develop/implement quality assurance program for the discipline
- Some travel will be required
- 15 – 20 years of engineering design experience
- Experience includes leading and managing teams and complex projects
- Experience with modeling and analytical tools
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and Bluebeam
- Proficiency in ProCore, Microsoft Office Suite and Teams
- Written and oral communication (English language) skills including specification writing, field reports, general and keynotes, submittal reviews, and email.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Available to participate on job site and client visits
- Comfortable in presenting to clients and at seminars
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Some travel may be required
- Licensed Professional Engineer, or EIT with goal of Professional Engineering license
- Knowledge and experience in California Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards, permit requirements, and calculations.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects, including Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Process, Life Safety.
- Experience in designing Cleanrooms and labs
- Experience with all phases of design Master Planning, Feasibility, Programming, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration
- Knowledge of equipment and processes for the microelectronics industry or other high-tech sectors (e.g. Biotech, Life Science, Pharma, Photovoltaics, Data Center)
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent is required
Master of Science degree in Engineering preferred