AMTS is currently looking for a Life Safety Engineer to join our A&E Team. This position will provide opportunities for delivery of complex packages in coordination with engineers and design leads. This position will interface directly with client counterparts in the design of their facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Life Safety Engineer is responsible for supporting Design and Construction to ensure that our Fire Alarm (FAS), Fire Protection systems (FPS), Toxic Gas Monitoring Systems (TGMS) meet code and industry best known practices.
- Evaluate client needs based on Processes and Equipment (Tools).
- Specify and design life safety systems associated with process systems, including Ultra High Purity gas and chemical distribution systems, Ultrapure Water Generation and Wastewater Treatment.
- Assist in developing tool and Hazardous Process Material (HPM) room layout concepts to support client process and workflow needs and safe chemical and gas handling.
- Should be familiar with AutoCAD and Revit MEP to coordinate with architects and engineers. From those 3D BIM models you will design fire alarm, smoke and leak detection, and intrusion detection systems, and more.
- Provide life safety system designs that quantify and validate adequate abatement and effluent treatment for air, liquid, or solid waste streams.
- Document technical decisions and data during fast paced technical meetings and communicate needs to other team members or disciplines.
- Action and results oriented. Succinct and data driven verbal and written communication is a must.
- Develop environmental, health and safety plans for Cleanrooms, Labs, and hazardous process materials storage and dispensing.
- Using the various applicable Life Safety & Fire codes as well as industry standards you will provide calculations; equipment size and quantities; equipment and construction specifications; network diagrams and addressing; and various construction deliverables in both 2D and 3D platforms for a constructable design.
- Computer Skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Teams, Bluebeam. Must be proficient in Excel including EXCEL analytical requirements like graphs, trends and writing Excel equations to analyze or merge data. Microsoft Teams is the main tool for internal communication; familiarity is plus.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Knowledge & application of Codes and Standards, as they pertain to Life Safety o NFPA 1 Fire Code: NFPA 70 (NEC) and electrical design requirements / NFPA 72 Fire Alarm and Signaling Code: NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, NFPA 400 Hazardous Materials Code, ICC (e.g. IBC and IFC)
- Knowledge of Life Safety systems and manufacturer’s equipment including VESDA systems and MIDAS
- Design experience with Fire Alarming, VESDA systems, CCTV, HPM, TGM, and Leak Detection
- Knowledge of design and construction specifications
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required
- Some travel may be required
- Working knowledge of 3D BIM software (Revit) preferred
- 10+ years of life safety design in semiconductor or datacenters preferred
- Experience leading a team of design staff preferred
- Start-up and Commissioning of Life safety systems preferred
- Experience estimating and scheduling mid to large scale projects preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences which provide ability to attain PE licensure
Masters Degree preferred
- NICET Certification
- ASP/CSP – Associate or Certified Safety Professional
- CFPS – Cert. Fire Protection Specialist