Primary Location: Tempe, AZ
AMTS AE is a licensed Engineering and Architecture, Business Unit of AM Technical Solutions. At AMTS AE, we focus on providing design and consulting services to advanced technology, government, university, and industrial clients, specializing in research, pilot lines, manufacturing, cleanrooms, and advanced laboratories. We also provide start-up consulting, process improvements, industrial engineering, and high-tech operations support.
We are looking for an eager and excited Chemical Engineers to join our team!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Process Engineering experience with one or more of the following technical areas of expertise: Semiconductor, Flat Panel Display, Photovoltaics, Disc Drive, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Genomics, Additive Manufacturing, Imaging.
- Open to new challenges that new engineering and technical projects will require. Flexible and can work on multiple engineering projects at the same time.
- Specify and design process systems, Ultra High Purity gas and chemical distribution systems for cleanroom manufacturing and Labs, including HPM and Mechanical, Plumbing and Water Generation and Wastewater Treatment.
- Evaluate client needs for Processes and Equipment (Tools).
- Develop tool and Hazardous Process Material (HPM) room layout concepts to support client process and workflow needs and safe chemical and gas handling.
- Responsibility for chemical and gas elements of cleanroom and lab design from programming through construction administration.
- Perform design calculations to insure adequate abatement and effluent treatment for air, liquid, solid waste streams.
- Document technical decisions and data during fast paced technical meetings and communicate needs to other team members.
- Action and results oriented. Succinct and data driven verbal and written communication is a must.
- Develop environmental, health and safety plans for Cleanrooms, Labs, and hazardous process materials storage and dispensing.
- Collaborate with Architects, Lab Planners, and MEP Engineers on Designs for Life Safety, Hazardous materials controls, Cleanliness, and other Manufacturing or Laboratory conditions
- Perform process equipment suitability analyses and select best tools for the task, based on technical and commercial requirements.
- Collect and maintain equipment procurement, site preparation, and operational specifications for tools such as Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography, Characterization, Imaging, Bioprocessing, Prep Lab, associated support equipment and more.
- Travel may be required
- Knowledge of and 3-5 years’ experience with chemicals, bulk and spec gas, process waters, purity requirements and their compatibility with piping systems, and/or waste systems (i.e. Acid Waste Neutralization (AWN)) in manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes used in one or more of the following: Microelectronics/Nanotechnology (e.g. Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography), Characterization/Testing, Imaging, Fermentation, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Compounding, Additive Manufacturing.
- Computer Skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Teams, Bluebeam. Must be proficient in Excel including EXCEL analytical requirements like graphs, trends and writing Excel equations to analyze or merge data.
- Writing Skills required: English language specification writing, reports, and memoranda.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Professional Engineer license is a plus. Progress in job will require license within 1-2 years.
- Tool install design experience is a plus.
- Tool/equipment install design experience related to chemical engineering, is a plus.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit Skills a plus. Ability to visualize and work in 3D is a plus.
- Environmental, health, and safety experience and interest are plus.
- Experience in hazardous gas distribution is a plus. Cleanroom HPM experience is a plus.
- Experience with Codes and insurance requirements for use and storage of hazardous process materials a plus.
- Cleanroom or Laboratory design experience is a plus.
BS in Chemical Engineering or similar
Job Application - Chemical EngineerWe would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.