We are looking for eager and excited Chemical Engineers to join our team! You will provide Process Engineering experience with one or more of the following technical areas of expertise: Semiconductor, Flat Panel Display, Photovoltaics, Disc Drive, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Genomics, Additive Manufacturing, Imaging.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Chemical and Process Engineering experience with one or more of the following technical areas of expertise: Semiconductor, Flat Panel Display, Photovoltaics, Disc Drive, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Genomics, Additive Manufacturing, Imaging.
- Open to new challenges that new engineering and technical projects will require. Flexible and can work on multiple engineering projects at the same time.
- Specify and design facility process systems including Water Generation/Reuse (UPW, RO/DI), Wastewater Treatment/Collection, Ultra High Purity gas and chemical distribution systems
- Evaluate client needs based on Processes and Equipment (Tools). Size process systems based on Utility Matrix outputs.
- Develop process facility systems and Hazardous Process Material (HPM) room layouts to support client process and workflow needs and safe chemical and gas handling.
- Responsibility for chemical and gas elements of cleanroom and lab design from programming through construction administration.
- Perform design calculations to insure adequate abatement and effluent treatment for air, liquid, solid waste streams.
- Document technical decisions and data during fast paced technical meetings and communicate needs to other team members.
- Action and results oriented. Succinct and data driven verbal and written communication is a must.
- Develop environmental, health and safety plans for Cleanrooms, Labs, and hazardous process materials storage and dispensing.
- Collaborate with Architects, Lab Planners, Industrial and MEP Engineers on Designs for Life Safety, Hazardous materials controls, Cleanliness, and other Manufacturing or Laboratory conditions to insure they meet User needs, Codes, Regulations and Standards required, for renovations and new construction.
- Travel may be required, typically up to 25%, including international and domestic travel.
- Knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience with chemicals, bulk and spec gas, process waters, purity requirements and their compatibility with piping systems, and/or waste systems (i.e. Acid Waste Neutralization (AWN)) in manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of equipment and processes used in one or more of the following: Microelectronics/Nanotechnology (e.g. Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography), Characterization/Testing, Imaging, Fermentation, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Compounding, Additive Manufacturing, photovoltaic, flat panel display or other advanced technology.
- Computer Skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Teams, Bluebeam. Must be proficient in Excel including EXCEL analytical requirements like graphs, trends and writing Excel equations to analyze or merge data.
- Experience with Pipe-Flo or equivalent software is a plus.
- Writing Skills required: English language specification writing, reports, and memoranda.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Chemical Professional Engineer license is a plus. Progress in job will require license within 1 year.
- Tool install design experience is a plus.
- Tool/equipment install design experience related to chemical engineering, is a plus.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit Skills a plus. Ability to visualize and work in 3D is a plus.
- Environmental, health, and safety experience and interest are plus.
- Experience in hazardous gas distribution is a plus. Cleanroom HPM experience is a plus.
- Experience with codes and insurance requirements for use and storage of hazardous process materials a plus.
- Cleanroom or Laboratory design experience is a plus
BS in Chemical Engineering