We are looking for creative and driven Design Managers to join our team! You will oversee and own the execution of the full design and engineering effort for construction and infrastructure development. You should also have an understanding of different project delivery methods including design bid build, integrated project development, and fast track projects as well as lean construction principles and fully integrated design using BIM.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of technical planning, scope development, change management, programming, design, and engineering services during construction.
- Perform conceptual engineering analysis for multiple scenarios that can include high level schedule and/or budget development to help customers and stakeholders make critical business decisions at multiple sites based on time and cost constraints.
- Proactively seek out and coordinate all technical and business information required from the numerous customers and stakeholders and transform this into a scope of work used to set a baseline program scope, cost and schedule.
- Manage scope effectively to support highly dynamic manufacturing technology requirements and volumes.
- Develop design deliverables to support all aspects of construction
- Implement innovative engineering and design methodologies to support very aggressive program and construction schedules.
- Focus is a limited resource. Demonstrate the agility required to quickly shift focus between tasks in order to deliver on multiple design projects.
- Infrastructure development is a problem of complexity, objective thinking, and social interactions. Prove an ability to solve subjective problems with objective fundamentals
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Design or related disciplines
- Advanced project management skills such as Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies a plus.
- Construction Project Management experience a plus
- Subcontractor and consulting engineer management experience
- Knowledge of excel use and computer programming/scripting is a plus