USA (will allow for REMOTE support with occasional site visits)
We are looking for a knowledgeable Mechanical Engineering resource to join our Life Sciences team in support of a pharmaceutical client here in the United States. The ideal candidate should have previous design experience supporting the pharmaceutical or biotech industries. This individual will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and performing Mechanical design work in support of a major capital project. This individual must be able to work on design and perform 3D layouts of complex scopes and equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical knowledge and perform Mechanical design work in support of a major capital project.
- Work on design and perform 3D layouts of complex scopes and equipment with design responsibility for HVAC, utilities, and plumbing.
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs.
- Develop and update equipment lists, perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve engineering problems.
- Develop mechanical datasheets, specifications, and narratives to solicit quotations and procure mechanical equipment.
- Develop Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation, perform bid analysis, and generate Request for Purchase (RFP) packages.
- Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
- Participate in equipment and material procurement activities.
- Interface and coordinate with multiple disciplines to integrate equipment design into project.
- Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant work experience required preferably in a pharmaceutical or engineering environment.
- PE license (or EIT status) and/or Certified Energy Management credential preferred.
- Requires familiarity with Revit and AutoCAD. Plant 3D also preferred.
- Design experience with HVAC systems for control of space temperature, humidity, particulate, and airborne contaminants.
- Design experience with utility systems including chilled water, cooling water, heating water, steam, and compressed air.
- Design experience with plumbing systems including potable water, plant water, natural gas, sanitary waste, process waste, and storm water drainage.
- Practical field experience related to the installation, start-up, and commissioning of HVAC, utilities, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.