We are looking for a knowledgeable Automation resource to join our Life Sciences team in support of a pharmaceutical client in the Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire areas. The ideal candidate should have previous pharmaceutical or biotech knowledge and be adept with DeltaV systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the configuration, administration, and maintenance activities of site manufacturing automation systems.
- Lead projects in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including managing the work of internal engineers and outside vendors.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to automation systems.
- Develop automation User Requirements Specifications (URS) based on customer need.
- Develop design and specifications for DCS, PLC, and SCADA-based process control systems for projects.
- Develop design of process control and automation systems in compliance with cGMP, GAMP, related industry standards, and customer requirements.
- Assist process engineering development of P&IDs and process control requirements as well as Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Maintaining life cycle management of control system and documentation within applicable procedural documents.
- Designing, building, and system administration of DeltaV systems.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with automation systems within pharmaceutical industry.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous experience in a GMP manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
- Experience in managing small to medium-sized projects and outside vendors.
- Able to work effectively with senior-level contacts through strong interpersonal skills and acumen.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technological field.