AM Technical Solutions- Who Are We:
AM Technical Solutions (AM), founded in 1994, is a proven and licensed architecture, engineering, and construction firm bringing innovative solutions to the Biopharma industry to help in the fight to save lives. Our knowledge and expertise in high-tech spaces combined with our culture-first mentality allows our team to deliver the entire scope of work for high-tech construction projects on schedule, on budget, and at the level of quality required by customers. AM Life Science being an integrated part of AM Technical Solutions brings new energy and ideas to an ever-changing industry. Our team is comprised of motivated, intelligent, capable and qualified individuals who design, execute and manage projects and programs that implement risk-based approaches utilizing scientific data and justifications to align with the regulatory and industry standards. AM Life Science takes pride in our accuracy, efficiency, and integrity, which translates into cost and time savings for our Clients.
Senior Automation Engineer (DeltaV – Pharmaceutical)
Boston, MA; Portsmouth, NH
AM Technical Solutions is seeking a knowledgeable Automation professional to work with a pharmaceutical client in the Boston, MA area. The ideal candidate should have previous pharmaceutical or biotech knowledge and be adept with DeltaV systems.
AMTS has opportunities throughout the country and overseas supporting multiple locations in MA, NH, RI, NC, Europe, and other locations.
Direct Involvement Opportunities:
- Support the configuration, administration, and maintenance activities of the site manufacturing automation systems.
- Lead projects in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including managing the work of internal engineers and outside vendors.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing processes, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to automation systems.
- Develop automation User Requirements Specifications (URS) based on customer need.
- Develop the design and specifications for DCS, PLC and SCADA-based process control systems for projects.
- Develop the design of process control and automation systems in compliance with cGMP, GAMP, related industry standards and customer requirements.
- Assist process engineering development of P&IDs and process control requirements as well as Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Able to work effectively with senior-level contacts through strong interpersonal skills and acumen.
- Maintaining life cycle management of control system and documentation within applicable procedural documents.
- Designing, building and System Administration of DeltaV systems.
Qualifications, Skills, And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with automation systems with pharmaceutical industry.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous experience in a GMP manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
- Experience in managing small to medium-sized projects and outside vendors.