USA (will allow for REMOTE support with occasional site visits)
We are looking for a knowledgeable Electrical Engineering resource to join our Life Sciences team in support of a pharmaceutical client here in the United States. The ideal candidate should have previous design experience supporting the pharmaceutical or biotech industries. This individual will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and performing Electrical design work in support of a major capital project. This individual must be able to work on design and perform 3D layouts of complex scopes and equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical knowledge and perform Electrical design work in support of a major capital project.
- Work on design and perform 3D layouts of complex scopes and equipment.
- Perform 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) and 3D modeling to support cable tray and conduit layouts, lighting layouts, electrical equipment layouts, underground and duct bank designs, grounding, cable routing, and electrical installation details.
- Perform cable voltage drop and lighting calculations to support design drawings.
- Review drawings and vendor equipment electrical related documentation of advanced complexity and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
- Perform bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations.
- Coordinate with design, engineering, and construction management firms to assure proper electrical design is incorporated for all aspects of the project.
- Work closely with the construction management group and 3rd party suppliers to align with sustainability deliverables and the integration of them into the overall project schedule.
- Responsible for the creation/revision of engineering drawings and specifications.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience required preferably in a pharmaceutical or engineering environment.
PE license and/or Certified Energy Management credential preferred.
Requires familiarity with Revit and AutoCAD.
Ability to read electrical schematics and ladder logic.
Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
Must adhere to the National Electric Code (NEC) and other Electrical codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures. Advanced knowledge of cGMP, GAMP, and OSHA regulations, National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA-70E, ANSI standards, and IEEE design standards preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.