We are looking for motivated and focused Process Engineers to join our team! You will provide
technical leadership and support for chemical and gas elements of cleanroom and lab design
from programming through construction administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluate client needs for Processes and Equipment (Tools).
- Perform tool, process and materials research to develop cost and capacity models,
tool procurement, layouts, workflow and utility matrix definition.
- Develop tool and HPM room layout concepts to support client process and workflow
needs and safe chemical and gas handling.
- Perform or assist in design calculations to insure adequate abatement and effluent
treatment for air, liquid, solid waste streams.
- Specify requirements for and assist in designing facility process systems including
Water Generation, Wastewater Treatment, Ultra High Purity gas and chemical
- Develop environmental, health and safety plans for Cleanrooms, Labs, and
hazardous process materials storage and dispensing.
- Collaborate with Architects, Lab Planners, and MEP Engineers on Designs for Life
Safety, Hazardous materials controls, Cleanliness, and other Manufacturing or
Laboratory conditions to insure they meet User needs, Codes, Regulations and
Standards required, for renovations and new construction.
- Perform process equipment suitability analyses and select best tools for the task, based
on technical and commercial requirements.
- Collect and maintain equipment procurement, site preparation, and operational
specifications for tools such as Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography,
Characterization, Imaging, Bioprocessing, Prep Lab, and associated support
- Document technical decisions and data during fast paced technical meetings and
communicate needs to other team members.
- Support tool commissioning and process development
- Support cost modeling efforts for new processes and products
- Consult on manufacturability, yield improvement, and troubleshooting studies
- Travel may be required, typically up to 25%, including international and domestic travel.
- Knowledge of and 8+ years’ experience with equipment and processes used in one or more of the following: Microelectronics/Nanotechnology (eg. Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography), Characterization/Testing, Imaging, Fermentation, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Compounding, Additive Manufacturing.
- Computer Skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Bluebeam. Must be pr
- Knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience with equipment and processes used in one or
more of the following: Microelectronics/Nanotechnology (eg. Deposition, Wet Process,
Dry Etch, Photolithography), Characterization/Testing, Imaging, Fermentation,
Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Compounding, Additive
Manufacturing, photovoltaic, flat panel display or other advanced technology.
- Computer Skills required: Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint,
Bluebeam. Must be proficient in Excel.
- Experience with Pipe-Flo or equivalent software is a plus.
- Writing Skills required: English language specification writing, reports, and memoranda.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Knowledge of Chemical and Gases, purity requirements, and their compatibility with
piping systems is required.
- Professional Engineer license is a plus. Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Tool install design experience is a plus.
- Environment, health and safety experience and interest is a plus.
- Experience in Cleanroom hazardous gas distribution is a requirement.
- Experience with codes and insurance requirements for use and storage of hazardous
process materials a plus.
- Cleanroom or Laboratory design experience is a plus.
- Process integration and yield troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Tool selection, installation and/or start up experience is a plus.
- Open to new challenges that new engineering and technical projects will require.
Flexible and can work on multiple engineering projects at the same time.
- Action and results oriented. Succinct and data driven verbal and written communication
is a must.
- BS in Materials, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Professional Engineering (license is a plus)
About AM Technical Solutions
Headquartered in Austin, TX, AM Technical Solutions was founded in 1994. AM Technical Solutions is a global engineering and construction management firm, specializing in the high tech industries. AMTS has managed over $20B of global capital projects for over 170 different customers in 15 countries. For more information, please visit www.amts.com
AMTS AE is a licensed Engineering and Architecture, Business Unit of AM Technical Solutions. AM Technical Solutions (AMTS), is a global leader in engineering and construction management, specializing in high tech industries.
At AMTS AE, we focus on providing design and consulting services to advanced technology, government, university, and industrial clients, specializing in research, pilot lines, manufacturing, cleanrooms, and advanced laboratories. We also provide start-up consulting, process improvements, industrial engineering, and high-tech operations support.