We are looking for motivated and focused Process Engineers to join our team! You will provide technical leadership and support for chemical and gas elements of cleanroom and lab design from programming through construction administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluate client needs for Processes and Equipment (Tools).
- Perform tool, process and materials research to develop cost and capacity models, tool procurement, layouts, workflow and utility matrix definition.
- Develop tool and HPM room layout concepts to support client process and workflow needs and safe chemical and gas handling.
- Perform or assist in design calculations to insure adequate abatement and effluent treatment for air, liquid, solid waste streams.
- Specify requirements for and assist in designing facility process systems including Water Generation, Wastewater Treatment, Ultra High Purity gas and chemical distribution systems
- Develop environmental, health and safety plans for Cleanrooms, Labs, and hazardous process materials storage and dispensing.
- Collaborate with Architects, Lab Planners, and MEP Engineers on Designs for Life Safety, Hazardous materials controls, Cleanliness, and other Manufacturing or Laboratory conditions to insure they meet User needs, Codes, Regulations and Standards required, for renovations and new construction.
- Perform process equipment suitability analyses and select best tools for the task, based on technical and commercial requirements.
- Collect and maintain equipment procurement, site preparation, and operational specifications for tools such as Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography, Characterization, Imaging, Bioprocessing, Prep Lab, and associated support equipment.
- Document technical decisions and data during fast paced technical meetings and communicate needs to other team members.
- Support tool commissioning and process development
- Support cost modeling efforts for new processes and products
- Consult on manufacturability, yield improvement, and troubleshooting studies
- Some travel may be required
- Knowledge of and 8+ years’ experience with equipment and processes used in one or more of the following: Microelectronics/Nanotechnology (eg. Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography), Characterization/Testing, Imaging, Fermentation, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Compounding, Additive Manufacturing.
- Computer Skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of and 5+ years’ experience with equipment and processes used in one or more of the following: Microelectronics/Nanotechnology (eg. Deposition, Wet Process, Dry Etch, Photolithography), Characterization/Testing, Imaging, Fermentation, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Compounding, Additive Manufacturing, photovoltaic, flat panel display or other advanced technology.
- Computer Skills required: Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, Bluebeam. Must be proficient in Excel.
- Experience with Pipe-Flo or equivalent software is a plus.
- Writing Skills required: English language specification writing, reports, and memoranda.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Knowledge of Chemical and Gases, purity requirements, and their compatibility with piping systems is required.
- Professional Engineer license is a plus. Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Tool install design experience is a plus.
- Environment, health and safety experience and interest is a plus.
- Experience in Cleanroom hazardous gas distribution is a requirement.
- Experience with codes and insurance requirements for use and storage of hazardous process materials a plus.
- Cleanroom or Laboratory design experience is a plus.
- Process integration and yield troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Tool selection, installation and/or start up experience is a plus.
- Open to new challenges that new engineering and technical projects will require. Flexible and can work on multiple engineering projects at the same time.
- Action and results oriented. Succinct and data driven verbal and written communication is a must.
- BS in Materials, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Professional Engineering (license is a plus)