There are many opportunities for high-tech facilities to advance their capabilities using the latest technology. However, because of the high cost associated with facility expansion, it’s important for companies to perform an initial assessment of their existing capabilities. Then, companies can make an accurate determination of what will be required to increase capabilities.
A leading U.S. semiconductor company recently arrived at this position, and they approached AM Technical Solutions (AM) to discuss expansion activity. The company, which develops innovative products that reach a variety of markets, needed to perform a feasibility study to help determine whether they could expand production capacity at a facility.
To support this effort, we agreed on an approach to leverage the teams that are most familiar with each aspect of the project. We also agreed to work collaboratively on the study to achieve cost and schedule efficiency.
Purpose of Feasibility Study for the Semiconductor Company
The feasibility study is in motion. During this project, we will help our client determine whether they have the capability to support the initial phase of the project. This phase is critical because the project calls for an initial 50% expansion that must follow a very aggressive timeline.
The initial study will be followed by a study of the remaining expansion. To support the full project, our team will evaluate the following key aspects:
- Design for process equipment, laterals, exhausts, etc.
- Design completion of utility systems and connections (e.g. water, power, ventilation, etc.)
- Concept layout for maximum space utilization with production equipment.
Scope of Worked to Be Completed For Feasibility Study
Throughout the duration of the project, we will provide several key support services. The experts we have assembled for the project will help develop an action plan, then execute the feasibility study. We will conclude the project by providing our client with a final recommendation on whether their expansion plans are viable.
- Pre-work: Review documents sent in advance and create a report.
- Report: Make specific recommendations for the design completion of utility systems and connections.
- Drawings: Provide markups to the current set of completed drawings.
- Designs: Make recommendations for the design of process laterals, exhausts, etc., and provide markups to the current set of client drawings.
- Concept Layout: Provide recommendations for the concept of fully occupied cleanrooms, and provide sketches of the new facility layout.
Once the study is completed and we put together the final report, our team will present this information to the client. We will also discuss the next steps, which are expected to consist of conducting a detailed design to enable project execution.
“We are confident that our team will complete the study according to the client’s timeline to provide them with the best opportunity to determine whether to expand capabilities at their facility,” says Dan Codi, Chief Operating Officer. “We appreciate the opportunity to lend our expertise to these types of studies to support our partners as they seek to utilize the latest technology for exciting and innovative projects.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to provide our expertise for high-tech construction projects.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects for semiconductor companies.
– Need support with a feasibility study before embarking on facility expansion plans? Contact us today to discuss your high-tech project requirements.