AM Technical Solutions (AM) has shared our expertise in high-technology projects in various ways during the course of our company’s history. Recently, we were asked to deliver consulting services and provide expert witness testimony for one of our semiconductor clients.
Our client performs research and development (R&D) on compound semiconductor devices, s. They also provide foundry services. It came to our attention that our client needed third-party support to be fairly compensated for the acquisition of one of their facilities.
The client was recently engaged in a compulsory acquisition case that involved a local municipal authority. The AM team supported our client’s case by strengthening their argument to receive adequate payment.
Enabling Our Client to Continue with Compound Semiconductor Devices R&D
We were asked to provide specialized consulting services to review our client’s situation and determine the impact of the transaction on the overall state of their business. A favorable ruling would enable the company to continue with critical research and development projects.
The full scope of our consulting support included the following:
- Analysis of the company’s overall business case to be compensated.
- A specific evaluation of a facility that was acquired by the municipal entity.
- Review of the new facility being built to replace our client’s facility.
Our goal was to support the argument that our client would not be able to effectively continue R&D efforts without receiving fair compensation. We also highlighted this situation’s impact on the global semiconductor industry.
Our role was to provide specific expertise in the following areas:
- Cleanroom design
- Cleanroom costs
- Tool costs, capabilities, and availability
- The general business case for semiconductor R&D companies and foundries.
We also provided our perspective on the state of the overall semiconductor industry and specific companies and products that were relevant to this case.
“This was a unique situation that called for expert testimony from our team. We proudly served as an advocate for our client and the overall semi industry,” says Dan Codi, Chief Operating Officer. “We look forward to seeing how our client continues with their R&D efforts on compound semiconductor devices to meet the needs of customers around the globe.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to provide high-tech construction services for semiconductor companies.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects.
– Need expert consulting services in the semiconductor market? Contact us today to discuss your latest project needs.