AM Technical Solutions (AM) has been awarded a cleanroom build project for one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world. Our project work will support advanced semiconductor manufacturing at the company’s facility in the Southwest U.S.
Our particular area of focus will be implementing a bio-safety cabinet in one of the cleanrooms at the facility, which will include exhaust design and installation. We will follow our company’s first-time-right approach to complete the project according to the customer’s timeline to accelerate their manufacturing expansion plans.
Project Scope Supporting Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing
Our solution for this project consists of A&E and design services, technical services, clean build expertise, and construction management.
In the design phase, our team will provide architectural and engineering (A&E) and design services for multiple bay-and-chase cleanroom design configurations. Then, during the build phase, we will provide floor-to-ceiling construction services to support the installation of the new bio-safety cabinet. Our specific scope includes the following:
– Wall work: Our team will install temporary plastic containment around the work area and de-install plastic temporary walls, including 1 auto sliding door. We will then install the end trim and strut to the existing wall that will remain.
– Ceiling work: We will de-install clean screens / RAGs (Return Air Grills) in the work area and replace them with filters and blank pans. We will also remove the RAGs.
– Floor work: In one of the bay-and-chase areas, we will de-install floor grates and replace them with perforated floor tiles.
– Raised floor work: In a separate bay-and-chase area that contains a raised floor, we will de-install floor grates and replace them with perforated floor tiles.
– Labor: We will draw from our deep bench of cleanroom construction experts to provide talent to support the architectural work.
Our customer has invested a considerable amount of resources into creating a state-of-the-art cleanroom facility that will support their current and future production needs. Our goal is to help the company maximize their investment in the facility by delivering on all three (cost, time, and quality) for the project.
“Semiconductor companies continue to face pressure to increase production rates to satisfy global demand,” says Robert Logston, SVP, Construction. “We are pleased that our company has the opportunity to help our customer advance their production capabilities by applying our expertise in high-tech construction.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction services for semiconductor facilities.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects in the semiconductor industry.
– Does your company require support for a facility expansion project to support advanced semiconductor manufacturing? Contact us today to discuss your next project requirements.