AM Technical Solutions (AM) was recently awarded an architectural & engineering design and general contracting project for a leading semiconductor organization. We will be spearheading efforts to modernize and expand the client’s Applications laboratory located in the Western U.S.
Our company has successfully supported the semiconductor industry for over 25 years in these types of projects. We were selected to deliver this specific project because of our breadth of experience with design and engineering of semiconductor processing facilities, having direct experience with semiconductor process development, process consumables evaluation, and optimization.
Operating with a “First Time Right” approach, our team of experts will design and construct the expanded laboratory with the best functional value in mind for our client. We will look for opportunities to balance cost and performance throughout the entire project life cycle to generate a positive return for their investment.
Our Project Scope for the Applications Laboratory
Our project is organized into two elements. The first element is the design, construction documentation, and permitting that will establish the baseline for the project. The second element is general contracting and construction project management to support the completion of the work.
The project will consist of approximately 2,700 SQ of renovated space within the customer’s existing location. Through our comprehensive solution to support both the design and the construction of the facility, we will be able to deliver all three project deliverables of cost, quality, and time for the client.
We will utilize multiple benchmarking and historical data elements to guide our team as design solutions are explored, vetted, and constructed. We will follow our Quality Assurance Program to perform a series of periodic reviews between both the design and construction teams to ensure strong coordination.
– During design: we will establish the project schedule, project tracking deliverables list, and project milestones. Once our project tracking documentation will become the basis for how the work is performed, checked, and audited.
– During construction: we will manage subcontractors and support the trades to execute the project scope through effective communication and coordination.
– Our Design and Construction team will work together with the client to determine and encourage project alignment with the schedule, budget, and trades as required. This work will include:
- Cost Estimating
- Value Analysis
- System Analysis
- Constructability Reviews
We will perform periodic constructability reviews during the design development phase and throughout the construction document phase. These reviews ensure that best practices are incorporated into the documents to support the renovation work. The review also helps identify whether project sequencing is viable and design elements can be built as drawn.
Our Team Supporting Project Delivery
Having the right team is critical to ensure the successful delivery of this complex project. Led by Robert Logston, SVP, Construction, we will be providing multiple company leaders and subject matter experts to deliver the full design-build project scope.
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Constructability Expert
- Design Manager
- Construction Superintendent
- Cost Estimating / Construction Expert
- Chemical – Design Project Manager
- Senior Project Architect
- Senior Technical Staff – Process / Safety Lead
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
Our team understands our culture of doing what’s right for our customers. They will be measured on successful project delivery, which is core to our decision-making and our operations. With these principles, we will formulate our methods for project delivery based on the foundations of an integrated project delivery model.
“We are confident that we will provide the best solution for this project leveraging the capabilities of our highly-skilled and experienced team with proven specialty expertise,” says Robert Logston, SVP, Construction. “We will provide the client with flexibility, visibility, and control throughout the project to ensure that our team delivers on our benchmark performance to provide our client with a modern facility on their schedule.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction design and build projects for semiconductor companies.
– View our portfolio of completed, award-winning high-tech construction projects.
– Need a design-build solution for your next high-tech construction project? Contact us today to discuss your project requirements.