Sponsored drivers Austin Wayne Self and Cole Glasson recently wrapped successful seasons in various late model stock car series.
“AMTS would like to congratulate both drivers and their teams for continuing to compete with class and dignity and for representing our company and brand in such a professional way. Here’s to a successful 2014 season,” says Kelly McAndrew, CEO of AM Technical Solutions.
Austin Wayne Self
- 17-year-old Self competed in 24 total races achieving 10 Top 5 Finishes and 14 Top 10 Finishes in 2013
- He had seat time in multiple classes including the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series, NASCAR K&N Pro East, ARCA Menards Series, ARCA CRA Series and the SuperNational Karting Series with over 1,100 total laps
- Self ran different types of vehicles including Late Model, Super Late Model and Modified
- Ran a partial ARCA Menards season in 2013 with Cunningham Motor Sports, the driver development team for Penske Racing
- In his second ARCA Racing Series appearance, Self finished 2nd right behind legendary driver Frank Kimmel. His impressive performance earned him the SCOTT Rookie Challenge Award. He became the 7th driver to win this award during the 2013 season.
- Austin appeared on several major sports networks including FOX 1, FOX 2, Speed and NBC Sports
- Televised races included Casino Arizona 50 K&N West Series, Drive Sober 150 K&N East Series, Prairie Meadows 150 ARCA Series, Primera Plastics 200 ARCA Series, Herr’s Chase the Taste 200 ARCA Series and The Menards 200 ARCA Series
- Signed a full ARCA series agreement with Cunningham Motorsports for 2014
- At 12 years old, Glasson moved into full size stock car and became the youngest driver to take green flag in sanctioned JEGS/CRA event
- Glasson got 9 starts in 2013 with an average field size of 30 cars, and only 28 taken to the main event each time
- His highest qualifying was P16, and highest finish P13
- Of course he would like to have gotten better results, it was a really good learning experience for his first year in full size stock car (weighing 2750 lbs with 400 horsepower)
- Experience included races at multiple tracks Springport Motor Speedway, Columbus Motor Speedway, Dixie Speedway, Berlin Raceway, Lucas Oil Raceway, Kalamazoo Speedway