Throughout 2020, families have been looking for a sense of hope during challenging circumstances. During this current Christmas season, we are reminded that there is only one source of hope that we can look to.
As Danny Gokey sings in his wonderful song, “Haven’t Seen It Yet,” there are good things coming even when we can’t see them. To that end, we believe in spreading hope to our communities and encouraging others to hold fast to the hope found in Jesus, who broke into our world during Christmastime 2,000+ years ago.
To help our company stay focused on the true reason for the season, we asked our team to submit artwork capturing the Christmas story. Through this exciting contest involving AM employees and family members, we selected the artwork submitted by Isabella Bockman-Pedersen, age 15, daughter of AM employee Stig Bockman-Pedersen.
Below is her submitted artwork that we used in our 2020 company Christmas card. Thank you, Isabella, for capturing the meaning of Christmas in this wonderful piece of art!
Spreading Hope To Communities Near Us
In addition to involving AM families in our Christmas card contest, we also went forth into our communities to spread hope to families in need during the Christmas season.
Specific to our Arizona office, the Architectural & Engineering Design team gave back to local communities throughout the Christmas season.
– 2020 St. Vincent de Paul | Adopt-a-Family. The AM team in Tempe adopted a family that consisted of a mother and four children that at the time was living in a shelter.
During the holiday season, the family was granted housing and we were asked to provide essentials for the household. Our team met the challenge head-on by donating gifts, clothing, and household items (dishes, towels, first aid kits, food gift cards). It was heartwarming to see the team come together to help this family. The items will be delivered to their new home on December 21st — just in time for Christmas! It’s a wonderful surprise.
– Make-A-Wish. One of our team members has become an “official” wish granter, and the AM employee has been assigned his first Make-A-Wish child. To support this amazing opportunity, AM made a $1,000 donation to the local Make-A-Wish in Phoenix. We are excited about supporting this mission!
– Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Our team met with Phoenix Children’s Hospital and reviewed some of the local programs that need support in 2021. We are looking forward to building on this relationship. For anyone looking to help, monetary donations are incredibly valuable for PCH during the holiday season because of COVID-19 challenges.
– Community Uplifts “A Cause a Quarter.” The Arizona team intends to promote a “cause a quarter” that our company can collaborate on to uplift local communities. Our plan is to become involved in more local charities to promote community involvement. We will be sharing this list of charities and organizations with everyone in our company to foster global participation.
“It is truly a blessing to see how our company came together this Christmas season to impact each other and our local communities with truth and hope,” says Kelly McAndrew, AM CEO. “I am proud to see how our company has embraced the AM core values and displayed Christ’s love through an outpouring of donations and gracious giving.”
– We encourage you to find ways to give back to your local community or make a donation to a worthy cause in your area. Will you join us in spreading the message of hope during Christmas?