We continue to work with semiconductor companies looking to grow the capabilities of their fabrication facilities. As leading experts in high-tech construction and engineering for semi fabs, we understand how to execute projects according to the needs of each customer.
AM Technical Solutions (AM) was recently awarded project scope to support the design and engineering of tool installation for a leading semiconductor company. The customer contracted with us to provide semiconductor tool installation design services during the next phase of their expansion project.
Our work will be instrumental in ensuring that our customer can ramp up their efforts to develop innovative products according to their production timelines.
Our Project Scope to Support Semiconductor Tool Installation
Our team’s main focus will be providing tool installation packages that cover all aspects of the installation requirements for each tool that is included in the current ramp-up phase. This includes Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Structural, and I&C scopes of work.
We will utilize standard methodologies, technologies, and proven concepts for semiconductor tool installation packages to ensure successful project delivery.
During project mobilization, our team will prepare a detailed design schedule with projected timelines for installations. The projected timelines will be the basis for critical pull-planning activities, which will help our client with early procurement to satisfy long lead times.
We will support this effort by providing weekly progress reporting and tracking to keep our customer informed about the status of the project. We will also look for additional cost savings opportunities by following Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) best practices.
Additionally, we will follow a Project Controls Plan to ensure exemplary project performance:
- Ensure that the right people are using the right systems in the right way.
- Validate performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Use the KPIs to monitor early areas of concern.
- Proactively address concerns and implement corrective actions.
The project controls philosophy integrates the elements of defining, planning, recording,
monitoring, analyzing, and responding. Using these elements, our team will be able to identify potential deviations from the project plan at an early stage. Then, we will be ready to take corrective action at the earliest possible time to minimize cost and schedule impact.
Our key tools to support project controls include the following:
- Advanced project planning via Last Planner® System (Pull Planning).
- Resource planning.
- Cost tracking and control.
“This is a complex semiconductor project that will require tremendous coordination between our team and the customer’s team,” says Dan Codi, AM COO. “Because of our extensive experience with semiconductor tool install projects and our highly-capable project team, we are confident that we will deliver on all three – cost, time, and quality – to satisfy our customer’s project requirements.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction services for semiconductor facilities.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects in the semiconductor industry.
– Does your company require engineering and design services for tool installation? Contact us today to discuss your project requirements.