Abbie Gregg, Inc. (AGI), an AM Company, recently completed a feasibility and programming project for a semiconductor manufacturing company in the Southwestern U.S.
The project is a fit-out of the company’s facility, which is used for manufacturing semiconductors and other high-tech devices. AGI completed the following initial project support:
- Feasibility Study of the project, including current facility analysis
- Preparation of Materials for project approval
- Programming of site options
The programming of site options included Industrial Engineering analysis, Gas and Chemical analysis, Code verification, and an MEP requirements study.
Project Specs on Semiconductor Facility Build
After completing the feasibility and programming project, AGI is providing professional services for the largescale construction build.
The overall project size is 145,000 sq. ft., 30,000 sq. ft. for Phase 1 manufacturing, and 30,000 sq. ft. for shell space project support.
- The building scenario includes a 30,000 sq. ft. manufacturing build-out to support process tools for approximately four years (through 2023).
- The scenario for the facility includes an expansion area providing approximately 90,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing / MEP space.
- Additionally, the building features a 2-level mechanical area that provides 37,000 sq. ft. of MEP supporting equipment space.
The second level mechanical area primarily consists of air handling and exhaust equipment.
Phase 1 of Manufacturing Area Project Includes Cleanroom Build
Within the 30,000 sq. ft. of facility space for Phase 1 of the manufacturing area is approximately 24,000 sq. ft. of cleanroom builds.
The space is comprised of Class 100 (ISO 5), Class 1,000 (ISO 6), Class 10,000 (ISO 7), and Class 100,000 (ISO 8) cleanrooms.
- The project also calls for approximately 6,000 sq. ft. of return air utility chases. There is approximately 1,950 sq. ft. of HPM space, including HPM corridors and load areas.
AMTS Proud to Support AGI in Major High-Tech Project
The AGI team of project supervisors, engineers, and architects are performing at a high level for this ongoing semiconductor build project. AM Technical Solutions is proud to provide construction management support to help the project come to completion.
To utilize our construction expertise for high-tech construction projects, contact us today to inquire about services. We look forward to hearing from you.