AM Technical Solutions (AM) has the capability to tailor our high-tech construction services to fit each client’s unique needs, including working with third parties to achieve project goals.
We are currently working with a general contractor to support a semiconductor company that needs to modify one of its sites. The semi company is in the process of retrofitting a production facility to implement a next-generation product.
We are working with the general contractor for the initial phase to lead a due diligence study that will determine the effort required to retrofit the facility to meet the semi company’s manufacturing needs.
Our Project Scope Supporting the Due Diligence Study
Our team will work with the general contractor to evaluate the current state of the semiconductor’s site to convert the facility to meet the company’s needs. This initial phase of work will inform future design phases.
Our project work will include an assessment of key areas of the facility:
- Evaluate the capabilities of the proposed facilities systems as planned, including the equipment environment.
- Review any drawings provided, including Architectural, Structural, and MEP, to identify gaps in existing systems and distribution.
- Perform a site-walk tour of the site to be renovated.
- Observe the configuration of proposed spaces and opportunities for improvement.
- Discuss in detail the specific tool requirements for the renovations.
- Analyze and develop a comparison of required utilities to available utilities to determine if the project will have sufficient utilities required for cleanroom/lab and HPM performance.
- Use benchmarks and utility matrix values in the gap analysis.
- Discuss and observe chemical and gas usage, storage, and disposal.
- Evaluate the retrofit challenges, including compliance with newer building codes.
We anticipate a multi-week evaluation period to thoroughly review the current capabilities of the facility and make recommendations for how to move forward with improvements.
Our support has been requested because of our demonstration of expertise and value on previous projects. The second phase will help bring the new facility to fruition to support the semi company’s production needs.
“Each semiconductor retrofit project has unique needs that require expertise to create a roadmap for success,” says Dan Codi, AM Chief Operating Officer. “We appreciate the opportunity to help our client and third-party partner determine the best course of action to complete the expansion project according to their critical deadlines.”
– Learn more about our capabilities to execute high-tech construction projects for semiconductor facilities.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects.
– Do you need expert leadership to perform a due diligence study for a facility retrofit? Contact us today to discuss our capabilities to support your project.