AM Technical Solutions (AMTS) recently won a project to provide process piping third-party Quality Assurance services. Our client is a major semiconductor materials manufacturer that is the number one supplier in its product segment.
The project calls for our AM Quality Services team to provide inspections on all process piping, which includes weld quality, piping cleanliness, and contamination testing. All of our inspections will be documented in real-time and captured electronically and delivered in an electronic turn-over-package.
We will have a dedicated quality assurance representative (QAR) on-site that will be responsible for ensuring that semiconductor production activity continuously meets quality requirements in alignment with the industry standards. We will also be responsible for coordinating efforts between our team and the client’s team to support project completion.
Project Scope for QA Services Project
AMTS has been contracted to provide specific QA services during the project. We will be performing inspections on installations in accordance with P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams), ASME B31.3 for process piping, and utilizing best known methods (BKM) in the following areas:
- Weld inspection
- Coupon inspection
- Welder Qualification according to B31.3 and BKM
- Verify systems are installed per P&IDs
- Ensure Industry Standards are met for Process Piping installations
- Witness all pressure tests to ensure B31.3 and BKM compliance
- Schedule and perform COH walks with city inspectors
An additional aspect of the QA project scope calls for our team to audit the contractor’s documentation in the following areas:
- WPS (Welding Procedure Specification)
- WPQ (Welder Performance Qualification)
- PQR (Procedure Specification Record)
- Weld Logs
- SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- QAP (Quality Assurance Process)
- Material Receiving and inspection (if required)
- QC Qualifications (if applicable)
“We are confident that we have assembled the ideal team of professionals and industry experts who can provide Quality Assurance on installations, valuable leadership and teamwork, and thorough audit support,” says Michael Walden, AMTS Project Manager. “We look forward to helping the client remain the leader in their product segment through our QA support for semiconductor manufacturing.”
- Find out more about QA services and end-to-end support for semiconductor manufacturing projects.
- View our portfolio of completed QA services projects and semiconductor projects.
- Contact us today to discuss your next project needs. We would appreciate the opportunity to support your company.