AM Technical Solutions (AM) understands that high-tech construction projects can change over time, requiring a fresh approach to bring projects to completion. Fortunately, we have built an infrastructure that enables us to be flexible and responsive to the needs of each client.
We are currently supporting a leading U.S. semiconductor company with a critical change order that includes re-evaluating a cleanroom space that will be used to support semiconductor production.
Leading up to the change order, our team was providing support for a due diligence study to determine the retrofit activities related to the cleanroom, associated support spaces, tools used in the cleanroom, and a raised floor configuration.
We have now been asked to provide base build support to enable the successful startup of this space. We anticipate delivering the base build infrastructure updates within our client’s expected timeline to keep the project on track toward a successful launch.
Our Project Scope for the Base Build Infrastructure Updates
Our company has been asked to provide programming and detailed design services to evaluate the use of the cleanroom in the fabrication facility and create construction documents as required for the project.
Additionally, we will design the service distribution extensions and upgrades as defined by the client, interface with the client and the client’s facilities personnel to navigate the changes, and collaborate with the trades where common building systems will support the tool installation or service extensions.
Certain systems will be needed to facilitate the installation of the process equipment. The following systems will require tie-in or modification to support the process equipment installation:
- Exhaust – Gas Vault
- TGM (Toxic Gas Monitoring)
- Fire Protection
During the design phase of the project, we will need to reach specific major milestones to ensure the project remains on track. To help us reach each milestone, we will be providing design development, construction documents, and pre-construction services:
- Support and develop demolition drawings to enable the scope.
- Support and prepare Long Lead Equipment Packages (LLE).
- Utilize an Equipment Plan provided by our client.
- Rely on a Utility Matrix provided by our client.
- Update the Gas, Chemical, DI Water, and Nitrogen Usage analysis.
- Communicate a final code review and analysis.
- Coordinate MEP Drawings and Specifications.
- Ensure alignment with interior architectural drawings and specifications.
“We welcome the challenge of supporting our client with a critical change order that will ensure the viability of the cleanroom space,” says Dan Codi, Chief Operating Officer. “We are confident that we will execute the revised project scope according to the specific requirements to support our client’s need for a first-class fabrication facility that will fit their production requirements.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to execute semiconductor cleanroom retrofit projects.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects for our semiconductor clients.
– Do you need support with base build infrastructure updates? Contact us today to discuss your project needs.