Primary Location: AZ, NM, OR
The ideal candidate must demonstrate technical knowledge, good judgment, skills and understanding of systems/equipment associated with Gasses and Chemicals. You will be required to work with and support team members on routine tasks. You will be asked to perform independent projects to resolve technical problems with little supervision while demonstrating the site’s core values.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all site standards for safety, environment, security, quality and housekeeping.
- Perform safety analyses (JHA) as needed.
- Monitor TRAIN profile staying current with Certifications and Re-certifications.
- Maintain computer proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Complete daily tasks such as entries into order log of work performed, changing work order status as required, daily time sheet entries and verifying work order is assigned to the correct FPM.
- Keep Supervisor informed regarding progress of assigned work as appropriate
- Play an active role in safety, actively participating in safety discussion, training and safe work practices.
- Play a lead role while working with other team members on tasks or projects, assist in training junior level employees.
- Ensure the shop and other work areas are clean and orderly.
- Research and order necessary parts through ordering system (e.g., MATREQ,Reqit).
- Have functional knowledge of facilities gas and/or chemical systems and associated equipment.
- Prioritize tasks effectively and complete assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Perform routine and intermediate troubleshooting and accurately diagnose gas or chemical equipment and systems.
- Perform routine repairs, rebuilds or replacement of gas or chemical equipment and systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, one-line drawings, P&ID’s and schematic diagrams.
- Write procedures using manuals and working knowledge; and maintain system documentation.
- Take chemical samples using approved methods and deliver them to the Lab for analysis, interpret data received from the lab to determine if chemical meets the required specification for use.
- Perform intermediate to complex preventative and corrective maintenance on all industrial equipment
A 2-year degree Technical program or 1⁄2 of a 4 year degree Technical or Engineering program
Equivalent military or civilian Technician experience
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Certification.
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Team (HAZMERT) Certification.
- Air Purifying Respirator (APR) Certification.