The I&C Engineer shall have skills in system design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions for the semiconductor, bio/pharma, or other high-tech industries. The candidate must have knowledge of process instrumentation, application and installation and commissioning.
Experience with interfacing with client’s facilities management in the following project phases: implementation (construction), system integration, testing and on-site startup is a plus.
Responsibilities include implementation support of the design of electrical, mechanical and process system instrumentation and controls system modifications. The candidate will be able to provide technical direction and leadership during the design project through construction administration phases of the project. The job requires interface with other design disciplines, outside subcontractors, construction personnel and client side facilities engineers and technicians to coordinate project work. The position demands excellent team player skills. Requires excellent troubleshooting skills for all aspects of controls including wiring, instrumentation, PLC Logic and HMI.
Specific Task Requirements
- Participate as a member of the project team working with the design project managers and client to ensure accurate and complete project deliverables are provided.
- Assist design project team in the following areas:
- Answering questions of a technical nature
- Ensure equipment and overall system OAT / FAT process meets client expectations.
Required I&C Expertise
- Autocad and Visio softare
- Experience with systems of like and kind:
- Ge Fanuc Cimplicity HMI software.
- Allen Bradley PLC-5 and Control Logix hardware and associated PLC code.
- Niagra and associated commercial Control Systems
- Allen Bradley ControlNet and Ethernet networks
- SCADA systems
- Familiar with standards and regulations such as ISA, NEC, and NFPA
- Ability to coordinate/interpret P&ID’s and SOO’s.
- Understanding of overall system installation from a design and construction implementation stand point.
- Understanding of industrial processes and control systems related to HVAC and process equipment such as PCW, UPW and IWS systems and operation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Shall have experience with all types of instrumentation including Flow, Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Control Valves, AFD’s etc. installation and application.
- A BS in, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering is required with a minimum of 3 years applied experience in an Instrumentation and Controls field.
- Experience on previous semiconductor projects is plus.
- Local to Tempe AZ is a plus but not required.
- Available to participate on job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Authorized to work in the United States of America