There is a growing need for U.S. semiconductor manufacturing companies to increase their production capabilities to keep up with industry demand and to help strengthen the U.S. semiconductor industry.
But, as fabrication facilities age, they often lack the most up-to-date tools and equipment to support the latest production needs. This is why many companies are looking to renovate or expand their facilities to increase throughput.
Typically, the starting point is reviewing the current capabilities of a fabrication facility. AM Technical Solutions (AM) is the ideal partner to perform an in-depth review because of our extensive experience providing high-tech construction services to the industry.
We are currently supporting one of the leading U.S.-based semiconductor manufacturing companies by reviewing the capabilities of two of their facilities so that we can make recommendations for improvement.
Our Project Scope During the Semiconductor Facility Review
Our project will include a review of one facility that is less than a decade old and another facility that is more than 30 years old. Included in our evaluation will be a report with recommendations for how to bring both facilities up to speed with the latest best practices and standards.
We will aim to provide the company with critical guidance on the next steps to improve operational efficiency at each facility. Our team will take into account the stark difference in age between the two facilities to deliver a custom recommendation. The following is our plan for the review.
1. Complete a high-level assessment of each facility. We will assess each facility’s condition, functionality, capacities, and commitment to quality. Site visits, interviews, and a review of current documentation, procedures, and drawings will also be included.
2. Review building documentation. Our team will review each facility’s historical drawings, specifications, and other documentation. We will review the history of critical and key systems to help us determine what needs to be repaired, remediated, and/or upgraded.
3. Coordinate with the company’s team on the ground. We will work with key staff members at each facility to understand their unique challenges. We will review issues that have been documented so that we can perform a complete analysis and provide strategic recommendations for improvement.
To support this review for our customer, we will provide several skilled workers at each facility. We will draw from our deep bench of industry experts to support the following aspects of the facility review:
- Mechanical (HVAC and Piping)
- Life Safety/Process (chemicals, gasses, and water systems)
- Building life safety systems
- Water and Waste Systems
After completing the review, we will provide our client with a final report for each facility. Included will be recommended methods to improve systems, the key elements that will require remediation and/or corrections, a list of resources to carry out facility improvements, and the costs to execute the upgrades.
“This will be a challenging project reviewing two facilities that were put into operation decades apart from each other. However, we are more than up for the challenge,” says Dan Codi, Chief Operating Officer. “We are confident that our team will complete this critical assessment to help our customer ramp up semiconductor production and to support the overall health of the U.S. semiconductor industry.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction services for semiconductor companies.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects for semiconductor fabrication facilities.
– Need high-tech construction services to help your company increase production at your facility? Contact us today to discuss current plans for expansion or improvement.