AM Technical Solutions (AM) is appreciative of our position as one of the global leaders in cleanroom construction project delivery. We have a proven record of performance excellence in designing, building, and installing cleanrooms across the world.
To support our company’s global position, we were recently featured in the international cleanroom publication, Cleanroom Technology. Sandeep Davé, our Chief Business Officer, wrote an in-depth article on the “time to market” implications for a new cleanroom build.
The article, which was published in the September 2021 edition of the magazine, addresses the importance of taking a holistic approach to cleanroom design-build by looking at the factors that impact the total costs of a project, not just the build cost.
Cleanroom Design-Build Insights to Support Decision-Making
In the Cleanroom Technology article, we address the challenges and major impediments that typically affect the plan, build, and operation cycles. When these constraints are left unchecked, they can wreck project schedules, drive up total project costs, and force owners to “pick two” from cost, quality, or schedule.
AM does not subscribe to the idea that owners should be forced to “pick two.” We operate with a “first time right” mentality throughout the entire project to enable speed and cost-effectiveness. In the article, we stress the four main ways to address project issues in order to successfully deliver on complex cleanroom construction projects:
- Phased/modular approach: Designing for constructability addresses the current budget, supports what is needed now, and ensures cost-effective future expansion.
- Contract alignment: Financial motivations should be aligned by balancing project risks and sharing in savings opportunities, which translates into performance.
- Planning: The core objective of a project should be defined and all sub-objectives should be supported by stakeholders to address critical constraints.
- Communication: Gaps in communication can quickly arise among various project groups. Ensuring appropriate coordination and communications is critical for successful project delivery.
When common constraints are addressed in these four ways, then cleanroom construction projects become much more efficient in a manner that satisfies “time to market” requirements. Owners benefit from a reduction in costs, improved timelines, and the assurance of quality throughout the entire cycle of plan, build, and operation.
– To learn more about the keys to success for a new cleanroom build, we encourage you to read the full article in the digital version of the September 2021 edition of the Cleanroom Technology magazine.
– Need a solution for your next cleanroom construction project in the U.S. or internationally? Contact us today to discuss your project requirements.