The 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series concluded on Friday, November 15 in Miami. We are proud of another exciting race season for Austin Wayne Self, driver of the #22 Chevrolet Silverado!
Throughout the race season, you saw the AM logo on the side of the #22 truck, representing our annual sponsorship of Austin in his fourth season on the NASCAR Truck Series circuit.
Results from the 2019 Racing Season
Austin Wayne Self started 21 races during the 2019 racing season. Supported by the AM Racing team, here are Austin’s final stats from this year’s competitions:
- Finished in the Top 15 of the overall point standings.
- Finished with 442 total points.
- One Top 5 race finish (Corrigan Oil 200 on August 10 at the Michigan International Speedway).
- Three Top 10 race finishes (Corrigan Oil 200, Buckle Up in Your Truck 225 on July 11 at the Kentucky Motor Speedway, and NextEra Energy 250 on February 15 at Daytona).
Thank You to Additional Sponsors
Austin Wayne Self represented the state of Texas and great Texas-based organizations throughout the 2019 race season. In addition to our company, Austin was sponsored by these causes:
- Don’t mess with Texas (returned to the television panel of Austin’s truck). The legendary campaign is part of the Texas Department of Transportation’s (TxDOT) litter prevention program, which includes Don’t mess with Texas, Adopt-a-Highway, and a grassroots partnership with Keep Texas Beautiful.
- United Sorghum Checkoff Program (second consecutive season of sponsorship). The program campaigned its efforts through the Sorghum: The Smart Choice® brand with Austin at both Texas Motor Speedway races in March and June.
We are already looking forward to another exciting season in 2020. Congratulations to Austin Wayne Self on completing four seasons in the 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series!