AM Technical Solutions (AM) has built a highly-capable team that is prepared to execute high-tech construction projects that require multiple project phases.
We were recently awarded a complex semiconductor cleanroom build project for a leading U.S. semiconductor manufacturer. The company is expanding their semiconductor production capabilities, and they need to install new cleanroom systems and supporting spaces to meet their goals.
We anticipate completing each of our project scopes with safety and zero interruptions to production through a “first time right” approach to satisfy our client’s project needs. Delivering the scopes will enable the company to utilize their expanded cleanroom spaces to support critical production timelines.
Our Project Scopes for the Semiconductor Lab Improvements
Each project scope will need to be carefully and thoroughly completed to ensure a smooth transition to the next project scope. Our team is prepared to execute each of the following scopes:
- Maintain Cleanroom levels: assure that the cleanliness requirements are maintained throughout construction.
- Temporary Walls: provide and install temporary containment walls as needed during construction.
- Demolition: remove doors, frames, sections of existing walls, inner stud walls, columns, VCT, and wall bases to prepare for the new installation.
- Plenum Cap: provide and install a Plenum Cap System to support the new cleanroom design.
- Cleanroom Ceiling Grid: provide and install a Walkable Ceiling System with a suspended grid.
- Modular Walls: install a modular wall system that connects to the plenum cap and ceiling.
- Interior Partitions: install new partitions at the location of the demo’d door and frame openings and provide a new aluminum door that includes external closure and other critical functionality.
- Certification: perform airflow volumetric readings on fan filter units (FFUs).
- Verification: perform a filter leak scan and measure particles, pressure differentiation, and velocities along with temperature and humidity.
- Penetrations: identify and seal penetrations in the plenum cap and modular walls.
Delivering each of these project scopes will require careful coordination with our client’s team on the ground. Because of our relationship with the client supporting their previous semiconductor projects, we expect the project will run smoothly to satisfy timeline, cost, quality, and safety considerations.
“Bringing this project to completion will showcase the full capabilities of our cleanroom construction team,” says Robert Logston, AM SVP, Construction. “We are prepared to address any constraints and complications thanks to our proven approach and years of experience progressing through these project scopes. The end result will be a state-of-the-art facility that will support our client’s semiconductor production needs.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to execute semiconductor cleanroom projects.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects for semiconductor clients.
– Do you need support with a semiconductor lab project? Contact us today to discuss your expansion or improvement plans.