Semiconductor facilities produce millions of chips each year. There are many scientific processes and chemical reactions involved in the process of producing each chip, which creates the risk of releasing unwanted compounds into the environment.
For example, the use of fluorinated chemicals such as PFAS is essential for modern semiconductor production. However, companies are looking to minimize how much they release from their facilities to align with ESG (environmental, social, and governance) requirements.
AM Technical Solutions (AM) is working with several semiconductor companies to help them reduce emissions from their fab. We are applying our expertise to help companies meet critical requirements without sacrificing production.
Our Specific Scope Developing PFAS Abatement Systems
The semiconductor companies that we are supporting have very specific requirements to achieve stricter environmental standards.
Our team is supporting this effort by evaluating the process outputs, determining the best abatement methods, designing and installing solutions in existing facilities, and working with each team to ensure the facility meets industrial requirements. The project scope for these types of projects includes but is not limited to the following elements:
- Multiple Point of Use (POU) abatement systems.
- Layout revisions to accommodate abatement systems.
- Evaluating utility systems and designing necessary revisions.
- Supporting the client while they perform ongoing facilities work.
We have been successful in supporting the industry with design and installation projects for semiconductor projects, which has turned into one of the key criteria to support the current effort for PFAS abatement.
“Semiconductor companies face tremendous pressure to increase productivity, while also reducing emissions from their fabs. It requires expert support to strike this balance,” says Sandeep Davé, AM Chief Business Officer. “Thanks to our industry-leading semi expertise, we are capable of delivering on this abatement project with a ‘first time right’ approach to satisfy our customer’s timeline and company requirements.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction services for semiconductor facilities.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects in the semiconductor industry.
– Does your company need support installing a fab abatement system or do you require other support at your facility? Contact us today to discuss your project requirements.