A leading semiconductor manufacturing company recently requested our company’s services to evaluate the facilities of an existing semiconductor wafer fab.
The primary goal of these evaluations is to provide a report with recommendations and potential paths forward for upgrades and/or remediation. Our findings will enable the company to improve the operational efficiency of their facilities and align with the accepted best practices and standards for the industry.
Our team will perform an overall audit of the fab, provide a high-level analysis report, and make recommendations for how the facility can be improved.
Our Project Scope During the Semiconductor Wafer Fab Audit
Our team of semiconductor fab experts will perform a very thorough and complete assessment of the facility. We will aim to provide our client with valuable guidance on the next steps to improve facility operational efficiency. The following are the key elements of our project scope.
1. Complete a high-level assessment of the facility. We will assess the facility’s condition, functionality, capacities, and quality. This includes the following action steps on our part:
- Conduct a site visit, interview current users, and review the current documentation and drawings to assess the current condition.
- Perform assessments on all key systems and utilities.
- Deliver an audit report that focuses on overall facility-related issues.
2. Review building documentation. Our experts will review all of the facility’s existing as-built and record drawings, specifications, and other documentation. We will review the available history of critical and key systems for the purposes of efficiency, remediation and repairs, and upgrades.
3. Coordinate with the company’s team on the ground. We will work with key facility staff to understand the challenges at the facility. Our team will review past and current issues that have been documented so that we can perform a complete analysis and provide specific recommendations as part of potential remediation and augmentation strategies.
– To support this effort, we will be providing several expert skilled workers during the audit. The workers will have expertise in the areas of Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical (HVAC and Piping), Life Safety/Process (chemicals, gasses, and water systems), Building life safety systems, and Water and Waste Systems.
After reviewing the facility in person and completing the audit, we will provide our client with a final audit report. Included in the report will be the following recommendations:
- Methods to address potential remedial measures and improvements to systems.
- Potential resources for carrying out facility improvements and upgrades.
- List of applicable current building codes and facility standards to align with.
- Key items within the facility that will require remediation, correction, and/or upgrades to bring the items into compliance with current codes and industry best practices.
- Costs to execute the facility remediation and repairs, upgrades listed in the report, and staff augmentations.
“We appreciate their trust in the capabilities of our team to analyze the facility and make recommendations that will lead to critical process improvements,” says Dan Codi, Chief Operating Officer. “We have assembled a team of semiconductor experts who are capable of providing expert analysis to support the needs of fabs across the globe.”
– Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction services for semiconductor companies.
– View our portfolio of award-winning high-tech construction projects for semi fabs.
– Need high-tech construction services to support semiconductor wafer production? Contact us today to discuss your project requirements.