Effective and cost-efficient facility life safety design requires a complete understanding of the processes to be performed in high-tech facilities. Also required is an understanding of hazardous production materials (HPMs), codes, guidelines, and best practices.
That’s why we recently published a new whitepaper, “Designing For Life Safety in Advanced Technology Facilities,” to share our knowledge about why life safety integration is critical through all phases of facility design.
Specifically, life safety design can have long-term effects on the high-tech facility, employees, and the surrounding community. That’s why we recommend building a diverse team to define the process requirements and then translate the requirements into a facility design that is code-compliant and protects human health for the lifetime of the facility.
To achieve this objective, it’s critical to select the right team to ensure success throughout the duration of the project. AM Technical Solutions (AM) is a key team member to include in your project. We are an experienced process and life safety design integration leader for a wide range of high-tech industries.
Learn About Key Responsibilities of Life Safety Design Team
In our new whitepaper, we outline the key responsibilities of our life safety design team to support the specific needs of each project. We focus on five key steps to ensure we deliver on our “first time right” promise for facility design:
1. Define project requirements, preferences, and plans for future organizational growth.
2. Define roles. Who are the subject matter experts (SME), reviewers, stakeholders, manufacturers, and authorities that have jurisdiction?
3. Define expectations and the level of involvement for each party.
4. Define the schedule of events, timelines, due dates, decision gates, and critical paths.
5. Define the cost requirements and expectations.
You may also want to know how we engage each responsible party in a life safety design team. Read the whitepaper to find out how we create buy-in and achieve project understanding for each of these critical stakeholders:
- User Groups
- Project Management teams
- Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) stakeholders
- Facilities Management
- Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Other Stakeholders (e.g. executives, department managers, and directors)
“What sets AM apart is that we have a deep understanding of the ‘nuts and bolts’ of advanced technology, we have developed a team of experts in this field, and we focus on communication at every step of the facility design process to support the needs of our clients,” says Sandeep Davé, Chief Business Officer. “The new whitepaper captures our ability to deliver facility life safety design solutions for each high-tech customer that we serve across the globe.”
– Download the whitepaper today. Find out more about how we deliver innovative solutions for life safety design in advanced technology facilities.