When it comes to cleanroom construction, we believe in the capabilities of our teams at AM Technical Solutions (AM) to competitively deliver unique projects in unique industries.
While we typically focus on cleanroom construction for semiconductor facilities, data centers, life sciences, and higher education, we were recently awarded a project supporting the manufacturing of high-end jewelry.
A leading jewelry manufacturer in the Southwestern U.S. needed a complete cleanroom buildout at their facility. We developed a project scope that included cleanroom drawings, color matching, delivery of materials, and the cleanroom buildout and installation.
Requirements of the Cleanroom Buildout
The requirements of the project included the following elements:
- Room buildout of approximately 1,120 sq. ft.
- Customized for interior room height of 8 ft.
- Built on top of a raised floor (6 in.)
- Installation of double door and single door entrances (3 ft. wide doors)
- Inclusion of pass-thru in single wall for conveyor
- Installation of adequate LED lighting above workstations
- Space for dedicated A/C unit to ensure climate and humidity control
- Color matching for wall panels, wall frame structure, and border around raised floor
Services During Cleanroom Construction
The project called for our teams to coordinate the following services supporting the design, construction, and installation of the cleanroom facility:
- Perform Building Installation Modeling (BIM) to match cleanroom construction to facility layout.
- Provide and install Portafab OMNIFLEX 300+ steel modular room to specs.
- Ensure the OMNIFLEX 300 steel wall system matches customer preferences for color and finish.
- Provide and install single steel door and double steel door painted to match walls with glass view window.
- Provide and install non-load bearing roof deck.
- Provide and install acoustical ceiling grid with vinyl covered ceiling tile.
- Build ceiling system to include flat panel LED lights.
- Create space for owner-provided electrical wiring and connections.
- Provide and install electrical conduit, boxes, and covers.
Proud of Our Team Capabilities for Cleanroom Construction
Our company took on the cleanroom construction project for high-end jewelry manufacturing because of the confidence we have in our teams, capabilities, and processes to competitively deliver each project right the first time.
Our multi-market project experience allows us to translate our project capabilities to a variety of projects that include unique requirements.
“Our project teams have 25+ years of individual experience building cleanrooms and supporting other high-tech construction projects,” says Robert Logston, SVP Construction. “Because of our company’s 100 percent focus on high-tech construction and our extensive team capabilities, I am confident in our ability to deliver unique cleanroom projects on-time, on-budget, and of the highest quality every time.”
– Find out more about our high-tech construction capabilities in our Portfolio.
– Contact us today to inquire about delivering your next cleanroom construction project — no matter the industry.