Wide bandgap (WBG) semiconductors are in high demand because of the industry need for high voltage and power, high efficiency, and high temperature operating parameters.
We are currently supporting an industry leader in their WBG innovations by providing design and engineering for their facilities. Our design is being conducted with virtual design and construction (VDC) to create efficiencies for this high-tech project.
Our Project Scope Supporting WBG Semiconductor Innovation
The central focus of the project for our customer is designing the critical infrastructure and facilities to support the manufacture of wide bandgap semiconductor devices. The AMTS team is providing the following services to help complete a successful transition to manufacturing WBG semiconductor devices:
- Assessing and recommending facility requirements.
- Concept design for facility and process equipment layout and utility distribution.
- Generating process equipment utility matrix for estimation of loads.
- Evaluating capacity vs. demand analysis for shared and dedicated facility systems.
- Field verification of original design documents and REVIT model.
- Assessing existing infrastructure to support the process equipment installation.
- Completing detailed design of the facilities renovations and process equipment installation.
There are a considerable number of decisions that need to be made after reviewing the data and performing the analysis. That’s where our expert team comes into play looking at the results, making recommendations, and utilizing VDC design to help the customer transition to WBG semiconductor manufacturing.
“With so much demand for WBG semiconductor devices, we want to ensure that our customer is fully capable of leveraging their existing facilities to capitalize on this opportunity,” says Abbie Gregg, Chief Technology Officer. “We are confident that our team will successfully complete the design and engineering project to enable our customer to achieve innovation.”
- Find out more about our design and engineering capabilities for high-tech construction projects.
- View our Portfolio of high-tech construction project delivery.
- Contact us today to discuss leveraging our team’s capabilities and expertise to support your next project.