AM Technical Solutions (AM) recently won a time-sensitive semiconductor project that calls for us to perform a facility evaluation and provide consulting for a U.S.-based semiconductor foundry.
Our customer has asked us to assess and ready their facility for restarting and modifying the facility on a tight timeline to support their business plans. We have also been asked to enable fabrication operations with low risk to support innovation for advanced semiconductor manufacturing.
We are eager to deliver the right-size solution to support our customer’s project needs because we led the original design work for this type of facility. Our core competency is in the semiconductor industry, and much of our company’s design and construction experience over the last 25 years has been in wafer fabrication of leading-edge silicon and compound semiconductor devices.
To support the project timeline, we will be leveraging our ability to deliver on cost, quality, and speed by focusing on first time right. We will support this objective by providing our customer with flexibility, visibility, and control throughout the project, resulting in reliable benchmark performance.
Project Scope for Semiconductor Cleanroom Project
AM has completed several projects similar in nature, scope, and timeline to this facility status evaluation and consulting project.
For this particular project, we will be providing the following evaluation deliverables to support the facility expansion:
- Facility assessment: Identifying repair and risk elements to prioritize. Provide recommendations for
- Equipment layout. We will support our customer’s need for increased equipment installation.
We will also be providing the following consulting support to help our customer understand the factors that will help them meet their long-term objectives:
- Which pieces of equipment to put in initially vs. long-term.
- How to transition to their specific technology needs.
- How to evaluate risk and redundancy of facilities needed, and how to close any gaps.
- Conduct an MEP and Structural/Architectural gap analysis and recommendations on how to close the gaps.
- How to optimize their Clean-Class spaces and needs.
- Include recommendations for Utilities distribution systems.
- Ensure capability for reconfiguration of tools over the lifetime of the fab operation.
We will be prioritizing each of the deliverables and coordinating with each of the trades to complete the project within our customer’s timeline. Our process experts, product experts, and tool/equipment experts will work closely with our customer to optimize the facility for semiconductor wafer fab production.
“This is a complex project that requires tremendous communication and commitment to doing what’s right for our customer,” says Matt Shipley, AM General Manager. “We have the resources, capabilities, and expertise in semiconductor wafer fabs to deliver the best solution for this project, enabling our customer to support innovation and meet their business goals.”
- Find out more about our capabilities to deliver high-tech construction projects for cleanroom facilities.
- View our portfolio of completed, award-winning high-tech construction projects.
- Need support with cleanroom construction or consulting for a semiconductor facility? Contact us today to discuss your project needs.